I’ve begun work on a new website, Maaternal.com. I think it’s about time more people knew that afrocentric and Panafrican maternal feminists and Africana womanists exist. What gave me the inspiration to actually buy a domain and give this some focus is that most of the writing around it is academic and it’s not being actually fielded among regular folks. We’re at the point where if someone actually goes and looks into the history, they can tell the difference between feminism and “white” feminism, but that’s about as deep as it goes.
So I decided that it was time. I understand that the name sounds overly “hotep”, but well, Maat is a concept that I am taking back for actual African and diaspora spirituality. Well, I’m helping take it back anyway. I am far from the only one, but I’m probably one of the few with enough web presence to make it a thing.
I wish being a thing came with more money, but hey, this is the “putting in work” time of this process. I am very grateful for the people taking enough care of me that I can keep this thing going. I’m just a bit impatient with myself on the professional end.
So anyway, those of you out there who want to sign up as authors, this is your moment. Future readers, bookmark the site and brace yourself for some good content.
- When You’ve Had Enough of “White” People’s Sh*t
- Male Contraceptive Gel Proves 100% Successful In Monkey Trials | IFLScience
- Typical Orisha Osun Prayer and Appeasement for Blessings – YouTube
- The ‘Capitalized Womb’: A Review of Ned and Constance Sublette’s The American Slave Coast | AAIHS
- Fundraiser by CeeJay Johnson : Help Indigenous Artist Escape Abuser